Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Some news...finally!

We finally got an update yesterday from our social worker at Bethany.  ( I would like to say, too, that though I often thought about calling or emailing Rebekah myself, I restrained myself and reminded myself to be free from that worry.  I had to constantly remind myself, so don't think I'm strong or whatever, but know that God's grace is sufficient...even in times of constant wondering and in the temptation of worry.) 

The email we got yesterday said that though the birthmom was shown our profile (along with others) she is re-evaluating her options and currently leaning heavily toward parenting her son.  I honestly thought that if we heard that this baby wasn't for us, that I'd cry.  But I didn't.  I can't be sad about this baby boy going home to his biological mother.  Nor can I be sad about God answering prayers for wisdom and peace for this young mom. 

There is a small part of me that is disappointed that it's not our turn yet.  Not because I'm sad to keep waiting for God's perfect "YES!" to us, but because, as I've discussed before, I really want to know the plan!!!  But I'm okay, honestly.  I have faith that our baby will come home to us in God's perfect timing, and I have faith that the baby we're waiting for is part of God's plan for our lives.  How can that be a bad thing?!

I'm also excited to have the craft fair to look forward to.  (What?  You don't know about our craft fair!?  Well, by all means, check out this post!!...and know that I'll be posting a link to it in every post from now until then... *grin*)  I'm a girl of action, and I like that we have something to work toward, knowing that it will benefit the adoption, and trusting that God will reward our hard work. 



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...."God's perfect 'YES!'"

    That is beautiful. It makes me think of 2 Corinthians 1:18-22:

    18 But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not "Yes" and "No." 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by me and Silas and Timothy, was not "Yes" and "No," but in him it has always been "Yes." 20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that above passage is beautiful!

    I'm sorry today wasn't your Yes. But you're right, the perfect Yes is out there, and God will bring it to you. Thank you for being a testimony of His grace in frustrating situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your faith and patience!! You are in AMAZING hands and are doing wonderfully... you're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete