There is a whole new perspective on reading the New Testament, now that I've read the entirety of the Old Testament. Today's reading included the first four chapters of Matthew. I was thrilled to read the first little tidbits about Jesus and am so excited to continue reading about Him and how He fulfilled all of the prophecy I just read.
One other quick observation: The genealogy that Matthew includes in the first chapter is from Abraham to David to Jesus. But you know what? (Some of you probably do know this already.) The person right before Jesus isn't Mary. Nope, it's not his biological mother. It's Joseph, his adoptive father. Without spending too much time getting all mushy or sentimental, I just want to say that as a waiting adoptive parent, I love God even more for not only allowing Jesus to be adopted into the lineage of the promised Messiah, but for making sure to include that morsel so that everyone would know how God-approved adoption is. He chose it for His Son.
It's one of those things in the Bible that really make me affirm the verse that the name of my blog came from:
"How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth." Psalm 119:103
I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing, this brought a smile to my face:)
ReplyDelete