Quick recap: On Christmas Eve, 2009, we got a call that our preliminary application to adopt through Bethany Christian Services was approved. Over the winter and spring we competed all the paperwork and home study. On June 29, 2010 our home study was approved. We've been waiting since then for a match. I've hinted at an opportunity for you to help with our adoption and now it's finally time for the official announcement and details. I'm so excited about this!!
We're having a fall craft sale! Some friends from church have joined with us to host a craft sale on November 6, 2010. We're collecting handmade crafts from family and friends who are willing to donate them - anything from sewing or quilting to pottery to photography to baked goods - and setting up a craft sale at our church for the morning and afternoon of November 6.
![]() |
| *Photo credit to countryliving.com* |
So, how can you help?
1. You can donate a craft or two (or 10!) *grin*
2. You can post a link to this post on your blog, to help generate more knowledge about the event, and, hopefully, more donations.
3. You can point crafting family or friends to our need and encourage them to donate.
4. You can pray. We want to give all glory to God for providing for our adoption in whatever ways He sees fit. Proverbs 16:3 says, "Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established."
If you have crafts that have already been completed that you would like to donate you can do that. If you would like to craft something, we're asking that all donations arrive no later than November 1st (so we have a few days to get them organized). If you would like to donate or have questions, please email me at bringhomeourbaby@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for any help you can give!!

Yay, I'm so excited this is going through! I'm going to go through my craft supplies and see what I can do.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jamie
would love to help- let me think of how I can and in a way that is easy to get it to you
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I would love to donate some of my handmade purses. I will get the info from your Mom for mailing, etc. Good luck at the fair and I wish I could be there to shop!! love ya, Debbie Pierce p.s. I will get Kim to make some stuff too!
ReplyDeleteI can make stuff. What kind of people would be at the craft fair? I can make lots of baby things, would people want that?
ReplyDeleteLike I said, if I can whip up a few baby hats before you come to visit, they're all yours.
ReplyDeleteOoh! I love this idea! :) I will pass this along to my crafty friends and put the word out!!
ReplyDeleteI heard about your story through JG. I will say a prayer for your familY!!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful for you guys! That is so exciting and we will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining in the MilSpouse Round-up this week! Hope you all had a lovely weekend :)
Oh and 1 more thing...have you heard about how the Military can cover some of your adoption costs? I have the info saved on my computer so if you need it or haven't heard about where to go for it just let me know!
ReplyDelete