Thursday, September 23, 2010

Freedom

I know I'm not the only one who has this experience, but it still makes me feel like such a "spiritual delinquent."  (Certainly that's not a theological term, but it's the best I could do at the moment...I'm on a tight schedule this morning.)  Last night we were at our small group Bible study and we were talking about Freedom in Christ, specifically, freedom from worry and fear.  (It's a given that there are infinite freedoms in Christ, but in the context of the book we're studying, we focused on the aforementioned freedom.)

On the way home, after talking to several of our friends - who are just as excited about the eventual adoption as we are - and still having nothing to report about last week's showing of our profile, I told Sweets that I probably should call our social worker today.  You know.  Just to check in.  Here's how it went:

Honey Bee:  I think I'll call Rebekah tomorrow.  I know she said she'd let us know when there was something to report, and that she wasn't sure they'd hear anything this week...but I'll just see how things are going.
Sweets:  Honey, it's okay.  Don't do that.  She'll call when there's something to tell.  (Said in a very sweet voice.)
HB:  (In a testy tone)  Don't patronize me!  I'm going crazy without hearing anything!
S:  (Patiently)  I'm not patronizing you.  I want to hear, too.  But don't you remember what we just talked about?  We can trust in God.  We have freedom from worry and fear and anxiety, because He is in control.
HB:  (Put in my place) *sigh*  Yeah.  I forgot about that.  This is hard.

Yeah.  So. 

In other news, we've gotten approval for our idea to bring income for our adoption.  I'll be posting more about that later today!  Hint:  Get your crafts ready!!


1 comment: