I'm excited about a potential income-generator for the adoption. When I have more details I'll be sharing them for sure...in fact, some of you may be able to be involved!
I'm amazed that Busy Bee will be two years old in a week and a half. It's not as bittersweet to me as when he turned one (I cried a lot over that one!), but it is amazing to me how quickly the year from one to two flew. I can't believe that in the same amount of time, he'll be three...and four...and five. I'd better stop now. I might go a bit crazy if I think about all that.
I am on track with my 90 Day Bible reading challenge. I actually was very behind in August, because of our travels and my lack of consistency in reading. So, at the end of the month, I had most of the month to read. Actually, on the 25th of August, I was only at Psalm 58. My goal was to be back to reading one day's worth on September 1st. So, I had to be all caught up on August 31 before I went to bed. So, in six days (five, really, since one day I only read two or three chapters while I was babysitting for my friend) I read from Psalm 58 to Lamentations 2. In my Bible, it was over 400 pages. And, by the grace of God and His provision of time and focus....I DID IT!!! Since then, I've been on track (though, I have to say, Ezekiel was the hardest book for me to read yet. Yikes. But, I'm through it...) and I finished Hosea yesterday. Praise the Lord!! I'm particularly excited about the fact that by the end of the week I'll be in the New Testament. I can't wait to get to Jesus!!! After all of this prophecy and judgment and clear need for a Savior, Jesus' birth, life, sacrificial death, and victorious resurrection are going to be more meaningful than ever before. As I told Sweets, "This girl needs some Jesus!!" *grin*
My sweet friend, Nickie, and her family moved away last week (that's the friend I was babysitting for...Busy Bee and I spent the morning/afternoon with her sweet J while they finished packing, cleaning, and loading the truck. They moved to a new Army assignment, but this particular assignment is essentially permanent. I'm excited for them to be able to put down roots, and for J to grow up in the same place, and all that. But I miss them a lot...and so does Busy Bee. He keeps asking for them. I know we'll stay friends and we'll see them sometime, but the initial separation is stinky. *sniff*
I think that's enough for now. I've got to get Busy Bee some more juice...he's been waiting oh-so patiently.
I have a feeling I'll be bawling when Tator Tot turns one too:)
ReplyDeleteI am so encouraged by how much of the bible you have gotten through! I have GOT to get started on that challenge:)
Wow, so much news! I am VERY interested in learning about the fundraising opportunity!
ReplyDelete