Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not lost

It's been so long since I've blogged that I feel like I should have more to say. I do, in fact, have much that I want to say, but most of it would just sound like whining and complaining and that's just not fun to read.

Instead, I'll just say that I'm here, I'm plugging along, and we have no exciting news to share. I'm starting to get more and more anxious for the phone call from our social worker, but only God knows when it will be. I am to the point that my week begins with waking up on Monday (though Sunday is the first day of the week, I never expect to get a call on the weekend) wondering if this will be the week we hear something.  Wednesday is mid-week and our small group Bible study night.  I wonder if I'll be able to share an update as a prayer request.  And Friday evening, though relaxing to be done with the week, has become my time for disappointment.  One more week gone by with no news.  There's still time for this week, and I wish I could say that I'm not holding my breath, but that would be a lie.

I know that we will get a phone call.  I just don't know what it is.  All hope is not lost.  I'm just getting weary of the weekly ritual of disappointment.

*Please don't forget about our craft sale!  We can use all the help we can get!* 





No comments:

Post a Comment