Monday, October 25, 2010

Can you believe it?

That's right!  I ran my three miles this weekend!  Okay, so I actually ran about 2.7 of my three miles, but I completed the whole thing - and I ran much more than I have before.  Sweets came with me and pushed me the whole way.  I actually sprinted the last lap (mostly because I was just so angry and I wanted to be done).  About 15 minutes later, when my side wasn't burning anymore and I could breathe again, I started to smile about it and felt pretty proud. 

I actually ran it on Saturday, because it looks like our Sundays just won't work for running together.  I'm okay with that, though, because I don't want to be spending Sunday mornings thinking about a long run ahead of me instead of focusing on God.  So, I'll be doing my long runs on Saturdays and taking Sweets with me.  I'm starting to feel excited about it, instead of feeling so nervous.  Yippee!

Also, I just wanted to quickly thank everyone for all of the encouragement I've been getting.  It is much needed and I'm so grateful for it.

**Side note:  If, by chance, you are planning on donating anything for our craft fair we'd very much appreciate you getting it in the mail this week, so we have plenty of time to put it all together.  Thanks so much to all who have sent donations thus far.  We're hoping for more donations, still, but are very grateful to those who have sent things already.**



5 comments:

  1. Go you! The thing with running is that when you first start it really sucks, but once you get into it you start to enjoy it and actually start to crave it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! That's great that Sweets gets to run with you. And I always do long runs on Saturdays too. Sundays are for rest.

    Also, I have a ton of stuff to give you this weekend. Do you have a plan for stuff that doesn't sell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspired me to run 2 miles on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to make Sunday always a no-exercise day. It just really conflicts with my desire to have Sunday be a real day of rest. Of course, that means I have to workout the rest of the week, so in turn I'm actually more productive, I think.

    ReplyDelete