Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome!

Dear 2011,

I'm very glad to greet you!  Don't get a big head or anything; 2010 did quite well by me and I'm not overeager to say goodbye to her, but I do look forward to seeing what you will bring.  I hope that you will bring much joy and many blessings to my family, namely a sweet babe sometime soon and a Band Officer job for my husband. 

I am quite certain, however, that whatever you bring, my future is not in your hands, but in God's.  I remember Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  And I know that if you are filled with joy or sadness, it will all be for God's glory and for my good. 

Again, I welcome you and look forward to seeing how you unfold.



1 comment: