Thursday, January 20, 2011

Asking

I have a few minutes to write today because I can't get my computer to cooperate with my work system (too much uninteresting information there to even write about), so while I'm waiting for a tech to call me back, I'll (happily) take a second for my blog. 

I had another urge yesterday just to write Rebekah (our social worker) and ask her about how things are going over at Bethany.  We also had heard during one "do you want to be considered" scenario previously that the birth mother didn't think our profile had enough pictures or information, so I wanted to ask if she thought we needed to update it.  She wrote me back shortly after that (she usually does - I love that about her) to tell me that we're still number three on the list of families open to any race, though there is a pending placement for one of the two families ahead of us (for next month), so as long as that goes through, we'll be moving up.  She also let me know that things are getting busier on the pregnancy counseling side, which is great, but that right now none of the expectant parents are at the point of looking at profiles (still too early for that, I guess).  She also let me know that she asked the pregnancy counselor about my question about our profile, and she thought it was just that particular woman's personality and not something wrong with our profile. 

It was one of those emails that didn't really give me a whole lot of new information, but I am really thankful that I've gotten more comfortable simply asking about what's going on.  It gave me a bit more peace to know that, unless they get a hospital call (which is still very much possible), we shouldn't be hearing from them in the next little while anyway.  It may not make sense, because anything could still happen any day, but it helps to know, despite knowing that anything's possible, what is actually probable.  It seems probable to me that we won't have a baby in the next few weeks, and it's good for me to know that, so I can keep pushing on with the other things we've got going on. 

Speaking of other things...my new camera arrived on Tuesday!!!  Yes.  Yes, yes, yes.  I L.O.V.E. it.  Seriously.  I've taken a ton of pictures already and when I have a few more minutes, I'll put a few of them up so you can enjoy them...or at least look at them, too.  I have some really, really cute ones of Lucas.  Despite the fact that he's firmly into his contrary attitude plus recently discovered this really whiny voice (which I don't respond to...he's learning pretty quickly, at least), when I capture his baby blues with that camera, my heart melts all over.  So sweet!


1 comment: