Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back to the beginning

Well, it's official.  We're back to the beginning (for the third time now) of the process of Daniel auditioning to be an Army Band Commissioned Officer.  The audition tape is in and now we wait to see if he is selected (again) to go to the finals (which are in DC in May).  We did this process in 2009, and Daniel was asked to try again.  So he did in 2010, only to be told no a second time (again, with encouragements to try again).  So, now with his completed Masters on his resume, another year of conducting and graduate work under his belt, and even more fervent prayers, we'll wait to see what God's will is.  *sigh*  Here we go again!

In other news, I found yarn (Lion Brand Homespun in Delft - perfect, no?)  and have already cast on my new scarf.   *grin*  Now I need to get the house ready.  We're having friends for dinner tonight.  Tomorrow, Daniel's got the day off, I'm getting a hair cut, and we'll have a nice relaxing day.  Saturday, Daniel's dad and his new girlfriend are coming for a weekend visit and we're looking forward to having them and getting to know Martha.  Back to work for me!


2 comments:

  1. Be sure to document your knitting progress with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's that saying, third time's the charm?? God's timing is perfect, as you probably understand better than I do. I'll be sending up prayers for you guys.

    ReplyDelete