Part of my improvement of mood, I think, is due to the fact that I've come to terms with the fact that we have some time now to do some things. When I thought we'd be bringing home a baby before now, I thought potty training for Lucas (and perhaps getting rid of the pacifiers - lovingly called na-nas by my sweet boy), as well several other things would have to wait. But now, I'm starting to see this time as time that can be used to accomplish something. Or somethings.
So, I think I'm going to clear my daytime schedule next week and start potty training. Lucas is now 28 months, and I've come to terms with the fact that we seemingly have the time now to focus on teaching and training him in a few ways before the baby comes. And, really...changing only one set of diapers - and not potty training a toddler with an infant in the house - can only be to our advantage.
I'm also excited because a very good friend of mine recently joined the Y and now we get to go together! It's fun to have a workout buddy, and good motivation.
The other big news is that I'm getting a new camera!!! YAY! I've been wanting one for almost a year now, but I didn't want just any camera. I have wanted a DSLR - and to become really proficient using it. For Christmas, my mother-in-law (Hi, Mom!) very generously gave me a serger sewing machine, but I am nowhere near proficient enough with my sewing skills to even know what to do with it, and with a toddler and soon another baby, I don't anticipate much practice time in the near future. When I told my mother-in-law that, she very graciously offered to exchange it for something else. I'd been talking to Daniel more and more about finding a camera, so I told her about it, and she agreed to return the serger and send a contribution for my camera fund instead. I've been looking and looking, but I still don't want to spend the money it takes to buy a brand new camera. I am, after all, still a novice at best, and I didn't know which camera would be best to buy. Until I know more about the whole world of photography, I thought a (very nice) used camera would be best. Well, thanks to ebay, I found it. I am now awaiting a mint condition Canon EOS 350D/Rebel XT. My excitement, however, is multiplied by the fact that the camera I found is bundled with not one, but three lenses! I can't wait to get it and really get to know how to use it. I've got some tips from photography savvy friends about where to learn and what to practice with and what to really spend time and money on. So, now I'm looking forward to learning my new camera and having it ready to take pictures of Baby when we bring him/her home.
Lastly, I exchanged my winter coat at L.L. Bean when we were in Maine over Christmas, and despite the fact that my coat is just the newer version of what I previously had, the color isn't exactly the same...which means I want to knit a new scarf to go with it. *grin* So many things to keep me busy while I wait!
You will love your camera!! I am excited for you :)
ReplyDeletethat's funny, I found a used serger recently and am going to be looking at cameras too!
ReplyDeleteYay for new cameras! Mine came with a 2 lens bundle. Which ones did you get?
ReplyDelete