Sweets: GRADUATED with his Master's Degree on December 18th. PRAISE THE LORD!
Busy Bee: Sick during our travels, he was pretty miserable, but he's doing better now and is charming the pants off my parents and the siblings of mine that are already here. He had his first experience in the snow yesterday: we made two snowmen, introduced him to sledding, and played in the treehouse my dad made for him. It was a perfect morning.
Baby/Adoption: We are being considered by a birth mom of a baby boy who was born on December 9th. We knew this before we left, which is what caused most of the worry, insomuch as we didn't have a good idea of if she picked us, what kind of time line we were looking at and, despite the fact that we LOVE Christmas with my family, Baby is #1 priority right now, so we thought there was a potential that we'd end up missing Christmas. The birth mom, however, seems to be taking her time, and we were given the go ahead to travel (as evidenced by the fact that we've traveled), and we'll continue to wait through the holiday season to see what her decision is.
Exercise: I actually haven't run since the race, now almost two weeks ago. I had SO MUCH to do in the week before we left, that I literally did not have time to go to the gym at the beginning of the week, and at the end of the week with Sweets on a business trip and a sick little guy, I couldn't get over there. I have a training plan, though, and I'll get back to it when we get home. My next goal is a speed goal to get my mile down to at least 10 minutes, and then to build distance from there. I'm also planning to do a yoga class at our Y on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
So, that's the majority of what's been going on with us. And now, without further ado:
Top 10 for 2010
10. We have, sometimes despite, and sometimes because of devastating events, had several opportunities to grow closer to family and friends.
9. We enjoyed a reunion with long lost friends from high school in August.
8. We enjoyed a nice vacation to my parents' house in August.
7. Busy Bee and I attended the wedding of my little sister, which included a road trip with my father-in-law.
6. Busy Bee turned 2...and Sweets turned 30!
5. I trained for - and ran - my first ever race, a 10K.
4. We were approved by Bethany Christian Services as an adoptive family.
3. Sweets graduated with his Master's.
2. I read the whole Bible. In 90 days.
1. We are a happy, healthy, blessed family, anticipating the year ahead.
I'd add #11-True Woman! Glad you are doing well and we're praying for baby #2!
ReplyDelete