If, by chance, you're here checking out my blog from the UBP 2011, let me first welcome you to my blog! For a brief overview, my blog really falls into a lot of categories. I could call my blog a "mom blog," an "adoption blog," a "milspouse blog," a "daily life blog," but since my faith is the lens through which all of the above are seen, I decided to put myself in the "Christian and Religious" category. You'll often find Scripture passages here when you read, you'll find my thoughts on theology and my relationship with Jesus, but you'll also read all about how that flows in and through and around the big and little things in my life, like following my soldier husband around the country, or waiting for our impending adoption to happen, to chasing our two and a half year old, Lucas, or trying new recipes. (FYI - today we're trying polenta for the first time, and I had no idea how involved it was to make it! Whew. The first phase is done, and now it's cooling, so it can be covered and refrigerated for the rest of the day, before I bake it and make a homemade sauce to go over it tonight. I admit, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I picked the recipe. I have a bad habit of looking at the ingredients and seeing all yummy things and deciding to make the recipe without really looking to see what I have to do with said ingredients. Well, you live and learn, right? And hopefully this polenta is very good tonight!)
I hope you'll take the time to read some more of my posts and stick around. If you're new around here, you'll quickly discover that we're (hopefully, Lord willing,) going to have some big changes around here this year and we'd love to have you tag along on our wild ride.
Also, if you're a regular reader of my blog, I'll get back to my "regularly scheduled" questions from our "While we're waiting" post very soon. Hopefully tomorrow. Stay tuned! *grin*
Thanks for following! I am AF wife myself so I think we have a lot in common :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting and following! Looking forward to getting to know you better!
ReplyDeleteHey Melissa! Thanks for the comment! I hope your recipe turns out alright! :)
ReplyDeleteJust stopping in from the UBP! So great to meet you :-)
ReplyDeletejoy & blessings,
Alida
Hi! Visiting from UBP! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for such a welcoming post! I am visiting from the UBP and am glad to have found you.
ReplyDeleteI hope the adoption goes well!
I am following you now and would love to have you visit!
Blessings
Mrs. White
Lovely to meet you, Melissa, through ubp. I love the variety of topics that you cover.
ReplyDeleteFondly,
Glenda
Gg - Notes on the Journey #269
It's great to meet you. I'm stopping by from UBP. I'll be looking around your blog some more.
ReplyDelete~ Melinda ~
Congrats on your upcoming adoption! The process can be overwhelming at times, but so worth it in the end :)
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you! Nice blog!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower!
: )
suchakingdom.bogspot.com
Found you on UBP'11 and I am following your blog now! Enjoy the party!
ReplyDelete~ Wendy @ www.choosinglove.net
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the UBP! How exciting to be pre-adoption!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of polenta before. Hope it turned out!
Hi! I'm visiting from the UBP - I'm #73 (Being Made New - http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com) on the Christian list. Very nice to get to know a little about you - and I hope you might have time to visit my place. :^)
ReplyDelete