Thursday, September 29, 2011

I love...

It's time for another "I love" post. I have a lot to write about, but not a lot of patience, so I'll do something that requires less complex emotions. *grin*

Right now, I'm loving....

My fitness pal!  As you can tell by the ticker on the side of my blog over the last close to 50 days, I've been faithfully logging my calories consumed and exercise with my fitness pal, and (right with my goal), I've been losing about a pound a week.  As of the writing of this post, I'm down nine pounds...but today is weigh in day, so I should be to the first "milestone" of 10 pounds down - maybe by the time you read this.  I love that I can see results, that what I'm doing is working, and that I feel good and strong and healthy.  I'm not feeling hungry or deprived our out of control.  It's like having a budget for my food.  In fact, I think it's helping me feel more secure.  Like when a good, loving parent sets healthy rules for a child, the child can thrive and flourish within those rules.  That's what I'm doing, and I'm loving it.

I'm also loving...
La Croix water!  La Croix is flavored sparkling water (a.k.a. seltzer water, but nobody calls it that anymore, apparently).  The commissary carries the Berry and Lime flavors and I love them both.  This is one treat that I allow myself that isn't actually harmful at all.  No sodium, no sweetener, no calories.  Just carbonated water (I miss the fizz since I haven't had any soda since I started using myfitnesspal - who wants to give up those calories!?) with natural flavors.


I love....

my new Renpure Organics shampoo and conditioner!  I've been trying to move all my cosmetics/health and beauty aids to natural/organic products.  In that quest, I've tried some shampoos and conditioners that fall into that category, but did NOTHING for the beauty/softness/health of my hair.  I'm of the opinion that if you're trying to make an organic product, you're not going to end up doing much good if your product doesn't work.  And then I found Renpure (also at the commissary, by the way!).  I love the way it leaves my hair, I love how it smells, and I love that it's organic.  Love.

And lastly, for today, two shows I love that are finally back on TV....


CASTLE!!! And....


PARKS AND RECREATION!!!!

I'm so happy to have new episodes of both of these shows to watch.  Love, love, love them both.  And, I should mention, when we watched the season premiere of Parks and Rec the other night, we were both laughing giddily and practically jumping up and down.  We missed that crew.  *grin*




1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try that la croix water!! I am a soda addict but I'm trying to cut it cold turkey... maybe that carbonation will help curb my cravings!

    ReplyDelete