The OCS selection list came out yesterday. There was a 30% selection rate this time. Daniel was not selected. Another "no" from the Army.
We found out last Friday that there was a baby being born and the mother had not had any prenatal care or made any arrangements or preparations for the baby. She is unmarried and, from the sound of things, not living the way some of her family members might have been too happy about. This was through word-of-mouth, friend of a friend kind of thing. The link to our online profile was sent, to be shown to the mother, in case she wanted to think about adoption. While there was no specific indication that she would want to go with adoption, or with us if she went that way, there was some hope that something would happen. Over the weekend, they were leaning toward raising the baby. We haven't heard anything else, and I just know in my heart we already would have if something were going to happen. So, there's another "no" on the adoption front.
Yesterday was hard. We're frustrated and angry and feeling lost. If you have a desire to pray for us again, you can pray for wisdom, direction, discernment, and peace. You can also pray that Daniel WILL get picked up for E6 this month, before the points change again. And you can pray that we will hear something from Bethany that gives us hope.
I'm so sorry about the OCS selection. Scott and I had a long discussion at dinner last night after I got your text...about his and Daniel's careers. I'm hoping for peace of mind and patience for you and me both. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I'm so sorry, on both fronts. I can only imagine how discouraged you must feel. Praying for you all and both of your situations.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Melissa. What a difficult season this is for you. I'm praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteVery bummed for you Melissa... praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have you all over to my house and feed you some homemade apple cake with a huge mound of ice cream on top, and take you to see Amish farms and do lots of snuggling and movie-watching and go to the pound to pick out a puppy that we could somehow share long-distance. So, if the idea of sleeping on an air mattress is at all appealing....you know where to find me. We're praying, too.
ReplyDelete