Despite the fact that I'm sure a couple people are really hoping for more details in this post, I just can't take the time to write it all down right now. The long and the short of it is that we were made aware of an adoption situation yesterday that was through a different agency. We decided to see if we might be able to be considered for it. It turns out, that birth mother already has several profiles and she'll choose from those. BUT, that agency has a different way of doing things and there's a good chance that we could "widen the pool" if we decide to send them our information and get approved with them, too. There's a slightly higher placement fee with them, but we already have the documentation they need (profile, home study, background checks, etc.), so we'd just need to get them our stuff and they could start showing our profile, too. That's the really short version.
We have a few concerns about it, though, so I'm not ready to jump in yet. I'm going to be calling our social worker at Bethany today to talk to her and get her take on things. I trust her, and I trust Bethany, so I'm just not sure how I feel about adding another agency into the mix, even if we might be able to speed things up by doing so.
Anyway, if you think of us, please pray for wisdom and discernment and that we'd act in faith. I don't want to be held back by fear, but I also don't want to go where God isn't leading. This seems to be a really tricky one for my heart.
Many prayers coming your way!
ReplyDeletePraying, Meliss!
ReplyDeletePraying.
ReplyDeleteFor a quiet heart, and a sure leading in one direction or another.
*hugs*
Sending prayers!
ReplyDeletePraying for you!
ReplyDelete