Thursday, July 7, 2011

What I Want You to Know

I know that I've said before that one of my favorite blogs is Rage Against the Minivan, but I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned her series "What I Want You to Know."  It's all reader/guest submissions about a particular situation or circumstance that others write about, sometimes anonymously and sometimes not, and they always seem to be really well done and very interesting.  Anyway, I chose to write our new profile with that same idea and have done several pages of it already (i.e. What I Want You to Know: Our Home  or WIWYtK: Our Faith, etc.) and it's coming along nicely.  It's been so long since I've blogged and I feel like I could say a lot, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone (or myself), so I'm going to give some bullet points of What I Want You to Know:

*I am currently taking a break from working on our profile update, because our old one is being shown (maybe today?  maybe tomorrow?  maybe later, depending on when the appointment is and if it is kept by the birth mom) to a birth mom in South Carolina who is due with a baby boy at the end of the month.  I figured if she picks us, we won't need the new profile, but there's not much going on at the office right now in the way of showing profiles (though we did hear that there are women coming in to work with the pregnancy counselor, but most of them are due at the end of the year and won't be shown profiles at all for quite some time, if they decide to place their children), so it doesn't need to be finished until we hear about the situation one way or the other.

*I am hopeful, but so accustomed to being at this point and hearing "she picked someone else," that I find myself far more able to just do the things that life requires.  Maybe we really will have a baby this summer.  But there's so much that would still have to happen, I don't have the emotional energy to get excited until more of it does.

*We are happily back at home with Daniel, enjoyed a long weekend with Daniel's sister, her husband and our precious 4 month old niece, and are looking forward to a visit from Sarah and John and the twins next week.

*I have a post about my race started (can you believe it was almost a month ago!?) and I still haven't finished it.  I will.  Someday.

*I am still reading blogs, commenting sometimes, and trying to keep up with everything, but we had some computer troubles and are still working on getting all of it straightened out.

*We had our one-year home study update this week.  Our social worker came to our house, saw that everything was the same, talked with us for a little while,  gave us one sheet to sign, took a check from us, and left.  It was a strange mix of non-event and very significant for me.  It means we get to keep waiting for our baby...but does it mean we're now in the year that our baby will come home?  Only God knows.

*I miss blogging and I'll be back soon...maybe with a post about my race finally!


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I found you through Military Spouse Blogger and wanted to say that I'm also in the adoption process and I'm also an Army wife! We have two amazing things in common! :)

    Good Luck this week with your profile being shown...I pray it is the baby God has been creating for your family.

    ReplyDelete