Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jesus

The truth of the matter is that I have SO many things that I wish I had the time to write about, but I'm still in the crazy business of trying to get things re-organized from our time away and our visitors (which we loved!), as well as looking to the fall and trying to figure out what to do about certain things for Lucas and myself.

But what I'm most in need of confessing right now is that I don't know how I would do this life without Jesus.  It's simple, I know, and it's not much of a confession, but it's the truth.  Jesus and his love for me, his care for me, and knowing that he is with me, protecting me and guiding me through the Holy Spirit is truly how I'm getting out of bed and functioning like a "normal" human being. 

Sometimes (okay, well, multiple times a day) I wonder just what God is doing and how things are going to work out.  If I didn't have the assurance that my Savior and my God are in control and are working things for my good, I think I would just have to give up.  I'd curl up in a corner and just wait for it all to be over.

But Jesus. 


But Jesus.


But Jesus.


He rescues me.  He encourages me.  He saves me from myself.  I didn't think I'd ever get to the point of praising God for all that we've been through, but I think He was being so gracious in bringing me to THIS place;  to this place that I see so clearly how I need him and how I couldn't do life without him.  We're so concerned in our culture of proving ourselves and "doing life" in a way that impresses other people with our strength and ability and have-it-all-togetherness. 

It is well with my soul.  I'll go where he wants, live through what he gives me, and do it all with the knowledge that he loves me and goes with me.  I want to bring home our baby - desperately.  I want to know where our family is going and what Daniel's career is going to be.  I want to have some idea of what our life is going to look like this fall, at Christmas, in the spring.  But even if I can't, I have Jesus.


1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder. I've been struggling with similar...well, no, not similar issues, but the same lesson. Thanks for sharing this, because God encouraged me through you.

    ReplyDelete