In other news, Daniel's OCS packet was part of the selection that went on this past week. It'll take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks for them to put out the list of soldiers/civilians that were chosen, but we're hopeful that come September we'll have at least that good news to share.
In family news (and since both things are officially "facebook official"), since I haven't had a chance to mention either one, my older sister is pregnant, due in January, and my "little" brother just got engaged a few weeks ago. They're looking for a venue, but are hoping for a Thanksgiving weekend wedding. In some ways, it's normal and exciting to have these happy things happen for my siblings. In some ways, it's a relief to have good things to look forward to. And, in all honesty, in some ways, I have pangs of frustration and jealousy, simply because we don't have any good news to share yet. I don't begrudge my siblings the happiness they deserve (and if you guys happen to be reading this, surely you know this to be true!) and I share in their joy. I just ache to have them share in our joy, too; I ache to have happy news to share with them. Does that make sense?
And finally, in fitness news, I have begun training (with a friend! yay!) for a 10 mile trail race in November. I've got a 5k planned for the end of September, too, just for one of my Saturday runs, but the 10 miler is what I've got my sights set on. I'm two weeks into training, and it's good for me to be back on a more regimented plan with a race at the end of it. It's so much easier for me to be consistent with that kind of set up. I do, however, look forward to slightly cooler/less humid days that will make running outside at least an option. Right now, things are just too crazy out there for me to even think about it. I MISS THE TRAILS! The indoor track at the Y is simply no match for my beloved trails. Soon.
I realize it's Saturday, and very few people are blogging/reading blogs today, but I needed to take a little bit of time to get back in the swing of things, now that our profile is done. I'll be back again soon!
I totally know what you are talking about. I haven't talked about it on the blog because, well, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But, just as an example, a few weeks ago yet another friend of mine announced she was pregnant, and for the first time in weeks, I didn't cry and was only just happy for her. For about a month, it seemed like every few days there was another pregnancy announcement. I'm not proud to say that, while I was still happy for my friends, I definitely spent a few weeks crying myself to sleep at night. But it's not because I wasn't happy for them. So yeah, I totally know what you mean. It's hard.
ReplyDelete