Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ready

This morning (way, way, way too early) Lucas woke up and hopped in to bed with me for a while.  After a bit of trying to fall back asleep, I knew we were up for the day, so I started to talk to Lucas.  He came and snuggled on my chest.  "Lucas,"  I said.  "I miss Papa."  "I miss Papa, too," he said.  "You know what else?"  I asked.  "I miss the baby.  I want our baby to come home to us."  "Me, too, Mama.  I want our baby to come home," he said.  (Can I just say that I love that he has enough verbal skills to have these conversations with me?  I guess that's a bonus of him being an only child for as long as he has; we've had many "grown up" conversations...for a long time.)

Enjoying the moment with him I asked, "Do you think you'd like a baby brother or a baby sister?  Would you like a baby boy or a baby girl?"

"Um...how about we get both?  I think we should have a baby boy AND a baby girl," he decided.

I'm in.  I'd make it happen if I could.  *grin*



2 comments:

  1. Aww. I hope Lucas gets his wish soon!

    Also I have to say I've long been impressed with his verbal skills. He can carry on a conversation so well for as young as he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how sweet is that!! Always praying for your family and that baby to come home to you!

    p.s. thanks for your kind words, I'll email you when I get the chance with answers to your questions!

    ReplyDelete