Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting ready

(No, we're not getting ready for a baby.  Yet. Still no word on that.)

We are getting ready for a lot over here and things have been kind of crazy.  We are doing well, though, and despite my unintentional blog-fast, we've been having lots of good times.  Here is what we are getting ready for:

1.  Sunday is my 10K trail race!!! YAY!  I am super excited to run this race.  My training has been going quite well, I've been very consistent, and even though I can only visibly see a significant difference in my calves and shin muscles, I know that I'm much stronger and much healthier than I was 8 short weeks ago. 

2.  Tuesday, Lucas and I are flying to Boston, where my dad will pick us up and drive us the rest of the way HOME.  That's right.  Lucas and I are going to spend TWO WHOLE WEEKS with my mom and dad.  I couldn't be more excited about it.

3.  WLC for Daniel.  What better reason for us to skip out of town than that Daniel will be completely unavailable because of training?  (Sorry you don't get to come this time, honey.  I know you wish you could.)

I'll update in a more lengthy fashion after my race and once we're settled at HOME.  Since I'm taking two weeks off, I'll certainly have more time for blogging!


2 comments:

  1. Good luck, good luck!! I hope the race is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is wlc? Any word on Officer Training School?

    ReplyDelete