Here I am, though! Thanks for your concerns about my cough situation. The medicines seem to have done the trick and I'm almost all the way better. Busy Bee, however, started the coughing mess last week. Yesterday, I took him to the doctor and she prescribed two inhalers for him. After a breathing treatment at the doctor's office yesterday and the inhalers before bed, he slept through the night for the first time in a week. Hooray! We all (desperately!) needed a solid night's sleep.
So many things have happened in the last week. I have a heavy heart over some of them and am filled with joy over others. I think what I've been most struck by is that life goes on. It's very cliche, I know, but it's the truth. Within the last week, my brother-in-law was promoted, a friend's father came successfully through open heart surgery, we attended a reunion weekend with my best high school friends, and so many other things. Not all of them were so fantastic.
We have some friends from our small group at church who found out they were pregnant at the same time we announced that we'd be adopting Baby 2. We actually announced those things at the same small group meeting. At 20 weeks, their daughter, Erin Josephine, was diagnosed with having anencephaly, which essentially means that her brain did not develop. We were praying and praying and pleading with God for a miracle. On Thursday, she was delivered (at full term, via c-section). She was born at about 11 and went to be with Jesus at about 2. I'm so heartbroken for them. We're all thankful that she lived, even for a few hours, and that she was able to be baptized, but it's one of those things that makes you want to get to Heaven, so you can see what the Master Plan about all of that heartbreak is about. I KNOW that God is in control, and that He'll use Erin's life to glorify Him. I don't have any doubts about that...but I do want to know how. I guess that's where faith comes in, and we just wait and watch expectantly to see how and when He does.
I was just thinking about this family. Thanks for the update. We will pray for Erin's family.
ReplyDeleteOh, that is so sad about your friends. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
ReplyDelete