The "long stretch" will bring us to Connecticut (where Sweets and I met and fell in love...awww...), where my best friend Em still lives with her husband and 2 year old son, just a few months older than Busy. We'll spend the weekend with them and Em's parents, who are kind of like my own parents, given the amount of time I spent with them growing up. I can't WAIT to have that visit, either. Em and I haven't seen each other since Busy Bee was six months old (is that right!? how is that possible!? he's six weeks away from being two!!!). After a relaxing weekend there, we'll head even further north.
To my parents' house.
O. kay. It has not been this long since I've seen them (in fact, they were here overnight one night last month), but I haven't been to their house since Busy Bee was six months old. Sweets hasn't been there since Busy Bee was three months old. Oh, my! And, can I just say that Maine in August sounds divine, given the sauna that we've been living with for the past couple months!? We're actually going to have to pack jeans and sweatshirts! The HIGHS there are close to our LOWS here.
And you know what? Even more exciting than the temperature difference will be the schedule difference. My mom got the whole time off that we'll be there, so we'll be able to spend lots of time with her having adventures...or having a relaxing time at home. I'm looking forward to sharing things about "gummy" and "guppy's" house (his words...so cute) with Busy Bee. The books and toys that I played with as a child are all there, because despite the fact that we moved around a lot growing up, my mom vigilantly kept track of and cared for our toys for the very reason that her grandchildren would someday play with them. And now that's going to happen! Last time we were there, Busy Bee hadn't even started crawling. Now he's running and jumping and talking up a storm and he's going to LOVE being there. Oh, and did I mention that my sweet dad has been building Busy Bee and his cousin K a tree house, too?? Yep. It's going to be awesome. So...on to that busy day! I've got a lot to do!
ADDENDUM: (For Sarah) We are also VERY EXCITED to meet S & J and the twins for breakfast on Monday morning before we head to Maine. It will be nice to have a little bit of time with them and to see how much the girls have grown in the few weeks since we saw them last. So many good things to look forward to! : )
Hey, what about us?!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear about the family's adventure! Hope Busy Bee's cough is gone!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! We're headed north next week too - can't wait to escape this heat. Enjoy all the family time!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Maine sounds fantastic!! Have a great trip!!
ReplyDeleteGummy & Guppy, what adorable names!!! I wish we had thought of these :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip!