Friday, July 30, 2010

My sweet boy

It has been D.R.Y. here this summer.  As a matter of fact, I looked on weather.com to see if I could figure out how dry it has actually been, and I discovered that for June and July combined, our area normally gets about 9 inches of rain.  And this year we've had less than 2.  So.  Yep.  Dry.   Well, until yesterday.  We had a series of severe thunderstorms that poured rain on us starting about 5 o'clock and lasted about two or three hours.  When the first raindrops started to fall, I actually got teary eyed and said, "Oh, thank you, Jesus!"  Busy Bee looked at me, and said, "Jesuh!"  I decided to use the moment as one of those "talk about it when you're at home and walking down the road and eating and lying down" moments and said, "Yes, sweet pea!  Jesus sent us this rain because He loves us very much.  All of the plants and trees and flowers need a drink very badly.  And He is taking care of us and the whole earth when he sends us rain."  Or something like that.  So for the next hour or so, we kept checking the rain out the window and talking about Jesus sending it to us because He loves us.  We sat down to eat around 6 (just the two of us because Sweets was stuck at work because of the rain) and Busy Bee would turn around in his chair to keep checking the rain (which I couldn't help but do, either...the insane lighting and thunder were hard to ignore), so I said asked Busy Bee if he knew who sent us this rain.  He said, "Jesuh!"  So I said, "That's right.  Because He loves us very much." To which Busy Bee replied, "  Bagels, too!  And bites of bread!"  (Well, in Busy Bee speak, it sounds like, "Beeguls, too!  Eee bikes bwead!") To which I could only reply, "Yes, sweet boy, those, too."


3 comments:

  1. what a smart little boy...Jesus sure knew what he was doing when he gave us rain, bagels, and bread!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is SOOOOO sweet! oh my goodness!!! Love that you captured the moment to share more about Jesus. Very smart boy and wise mommy :)

    so nice to 'meet' you today!
    Melanie
    ~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Brings tears to my eyes. Glad to hear you got some rain too!

    ReplyDelete