Monday, July 19, 2010

A little break

Whew!  Busy Bee and I are taking a slight breather from our hectic lives lately.  We've had special friends from college here this week, along with their six month old twins.  We have seriously loved having them here and just enjoying some sweet time doing simple things allowing us to get to know the babies and for them to spend time with Busy Bee.  Our sister and brother-in-law, who are also friends of our guests, came for a long weekend, too.  As you can imagine, it is very exciting  to have all these extra people here, but we're taking advantage of a little alone time while our guests explore the beach. 

Why aren't we at the beach?  Oh.  Did I forget to mention that we're hosting a Backyard Bible Club at our house this week? Yeah, we are.  Which just kind of adds to the "happy chaos" that has sort of become the familiar norm around here. 

Busy Bee decided last night that, for whatever reason, sleeping wasn't really high up on his list of things to do.  He woke up screeching at 1:00AM and by 2:00, he was in bed with us (he's sleeping at the end of our bed in his pack 'n play right now, since some of our guests have his room).  By 6:00AM, he'd decided the night had been long enough and started asking for his juice.  Needless to say, it was a very short night for Sweets and me.  Add to that Busy Bee's extremely short nap this afternoon (seriously, what is with this boycotting the pack 'n play?!  The child's got to be exhausted!), and we've parked ourselves downstairs with Sid, Busy Bee's toys, and some popcorn.  We'd thought about meeting up with all of our guests out on the beach, but I think that's just more than we can handle.  So, we'll hold down the fort here until they get back.  Hopefully, Busy Bee will be in a good mood when they come back...

In other news, I have nothing to report about the adoption.  We're still just waiting for a call.  I wish I had more of an update on that.  As I've been explaining to others, I feel like I'm in my third trimester, but still don't know my due date.  It could be any day now, but it could be months...it's just hard for me to not be anxious about it.  I should qualify that statement, too, by saying that I'm 100% at peace with the knowledge that God's timing is perfect and that He'll be bringing the child has planned for our family at the time that will be best for us.  I don't doubt that one single bit.  I just wish I could know when that would be.  I'd be content with tomorrow (though, honestly, that would be totally overwhelming this week!) and I'd be content with months from now, as long as we could know when to expect.  It's the knowing that we're expecting, but not knowing when we're expecting that's driving me a little bonkers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment