Right now, we are:
Sweets: My husband of seven years and my best friend of 12 years. We were high school sweethearts. He is in the Army as a Bandsperson. He plays bass trombone for a living, as well as doing other administrative things for the band. He's a strong Christian leader, he's amazing with our son, and I think he's just about the greatest husband ever. (That is my job, after all!)
Me: I'm Honey Bee: Wife to Sweets, Mama to Busy Bee, and soon-to-be Mama to Bitty Bee. I'm a stay at home mama, and I do a bit of independent work from home, too. I love singing, reading (which doesn't happen much with adult novels right now, but I've practically memorized all of Sandra Boynton's books), and being involved with things going on at church and with our unit.
Busy Bee: Our sweet son is almost two! He's an absolute joy to me. He has a very sweet-tempered personality and generally is a laid back kid as far as going with the flow. When he's doing his own thing, though, he's a busy, curious, adventurer who loves exploring life and his surroundings. His excitement over seeing "a bird! a bird!" or "water! water!" makes me smile every time.
And, finally, we're soon to add Bitty Bee to our family! We have been approved as an adoptive family by Bethany Christian Services and we could be bringing Bitty Bee home any day. We do not have a match yet, but our home study is approved, so we're just waiting for a call at this point. It's possible that we could get a call this week and be matched with a baby that's already born. It's possible that we could get a call this week and be matched with a baby not yet born. It's possible that in a few months we could get a call to bring home a baby that's just been born. It's possible that we get a call in a few months and be matched with a baby not yet born. So...that's a little bit of anxiety for me, but I know it's all in God's hands. We'll be thrilled to introduce you to Bitty Bee whenever we do bring him/her home! Thanks for joining us in our happy adventures!
Your family is so sweet! I can't wait to hear that you have brought that new baby home :)
ReplyDelete