Wednesday, October 10, 2012

These days

These days...

...are stressful and long.  Daniel's job here is much different than it was at our previous duty station.  Being an E6 at a Division Band (if you don't know what that means, it's not that important) is a LOT of work.  And I'm surprised continually at how much work it is.  Daniel and I are not seeing much of one another these days.  I miss my husband.

...we are back to waiting.  Over the summer, Daniel submitted an application video/packet to be considered for a Warrant Officer Bandmaster position.  He was selected to go to the finals at the end of this month.  If you know us well, or you've read my blog for any extended time period, you know how familiar we are with waiting.  Thankfully, this wait is not very long.  Unfortunately, this does not make it feel any easier, particularly because Daniel has to spend what little free time he has these days preparing.  Like I said before, I miss my husband.

...I'm acutely aware of how much pain and hurt and suffering and weariness comes with being a part of this world.  Daniel has soldiers underneath him going through difficult circumstances, and these things bleed into our lives, too.  We have friends who have lost loved ones.  We have family going through stressful and hard things and having to make impossible choices.  My heart hurts for all of them.

...I'm busy.  Our boys are doing well. Lucas is loving preschool, and Levi is *this* close to full-out crawling.  (He Army crawls and gets around, but it's going to become much faster very soon.)  With Daniel gone so much, I'm doing most of the work with the boys and around the house.  I'm not trying to complain, but I do get tired pretty easily these days, so sometimes things get left undone.  The boys are fed and bathed and loved, but sometimes laundry is left unfolded...and blogging is definitely lower on the priority list.

...I'm adjusting to life in Colorado, and the beautiful fall weather and yellow leaves everywhere (no maple tress to be found means we don't have the oranges and reds of New England, but the changing season is still beautiful) are making it easy for me to see the beauty around me. 

...I hear a wailing baby boy who is done with his nap.  I guess I'm done here for now!




2 comments:

  1. Dear Christian Sister - how I love you! You are a shining example to me of faithfulness to God, your husband and your family. You encourage me more often than you know.

    I know the demands of leadership at a band like 4 ID are much greater than where you've come from, and they tend to be very consuming too - bleeding over into a lot more "after hours" sorts of obligations. I believe that this time and these experiences will work together for Daniel's good to broaden his field of vision, his understanding of the Army and his abilities to manage people and situations - all skills he will need in increasing quantities - hopefully in the near future!

    I know you're tired. With eight weeks to go myself, I find my energy comes and goes and I never know which way it will be. Some days I conquer the world with all I've been able to accomplish and others it takes all I have to drag myself to the end of the day! On the one hand I'm ready to get on with it and see our sweet little girl, on the other...there's still much I want to get done before she arrives! Aaaaack! So hang in there, Awesome Lady.

    "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
    Eph. 3:16-21

    Love and Hugs from one Mama to Another,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending some encouraging hugs and words your way! Patrick has been really busy these weeks too and it's hard not to miss him. I know how you're feeling! You're doing a super job as a mom and wife (and sustainer of another human being). Hang in there friend.

    ReplyDelete