I am pleased and proud to say that Daniel was selected at his audition this weekend! He got very good feedback on both portions of the audition (a briefing was first - he had to plan and present a hypothetical concert, and conducting was today), and I'm so, so thankful for that positive feedback for him.
But all is not settled quite yet! As the Army is so good at doing, we're going to have to wait a little bit longer to know for sure if Daniel will go to Warrant Officer school this coming year. You see, the committee selected six guys for five spots. (I know. Seriously!?) So, we'll have to wait for the USAREC board in January for them to select which five guys will get those spots. (For you non-Army folks, that just means that an Army level committee has the final say about who goes to Warrant Officer school.)
We're still very hopeful, though, because if Daniel is not selected this year, he will not have to re-audition next year. They have given him approval to be a Band Warrant Officer, and so, he would be able to put in his packet again next year, with their recommendation, without having to re-audition.
I realize this may be confusing to some, and nothing is for sure yet, but just know that we got good news today and we're hopeful that this will happen for Daniel. You can, if you will, continue praying with us that we get good news again in January and that he'll be able to go to Warrant Officer school this year.
That's all for now - back to taking care of my boys! (Oh, and you can also pray that Hurricane Sandy doesn't leave Daniel stranded in Virginia for a few extra days...I really want him home!)
Yay! That's awesome news! :)
ReplyDeleteWheeeeee!!!!!!! Happy, happy, happy news! :D
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!!
ReplyDelete