Monday, October 22, 2012

This week

It's kind of crazy to think about, but here we are at audition week again!  I'm thankful that they scheduled the audition for this week and not later, partly so our wait is shorter, and partly because I'm not yet worried about going in to labor and not so worried about taking care of the boys by myself for the later part of the week.

Lucas has had a fever since Thursday last week, kind of out of the blue.  I'm happy to say that he didn't have one when he woke up this morning, and I'm hoping that it doesn't come back later today.  He's been happy and with a good appetite mostly (especially once the fever broke from that hot, dry fever he started with), and it's kind of a mystery to me what is going on in his little body.  We did take him to the doctor on Friday, who ruled out strep and the flu, so it's just some sort of mystery fever virus from one of the other kids at school most likely.

On that subject, in the six weeks he's had preschool, this is his third illness.  I'm not in love with those statistics, and I hope by the time our baby is born, he'll have built up a bit more immunity, because I don't want so many germs around the baby.  (Also, I should say that I am very thankful to God that Levi seems to have a very strong immune system and hasn't seemed to be affected by any of the germs his brother has brought home.)

I have another OB appointment today, and I'm hoping that, after my third follow up ultrasound Friday, they'll finally be able to tell me for sure if I'm going to need a C-section or not.  (Did I mention that my placenta has been low-lying and C-section is still an option?  Not thrilled about that, but hoping it'll all be fine today.)

Back to the audition, it's interesting to me that I'm really not needing to process as much via blogging as I did when Daniel had the other auditions for the officer job.  This job is slightly different, so that may have something to do with it.  Honestly, I am extremely jaded from the last three years, too, and I just don't expect anything anymore.  I'm still hopeful that Daniel will get the job and that he'll be able to do a job that is better suited to his abilities and goals, but I know that even talent, ability, and "deserving the job" don't necessarily get it for you, so...I guess you could say I'm cautiously hopeful, but not extremely optimistic.  And, really, I think I'm just too tired to put too much stock in a "maybe" at this point.  If it happens, fantastic.  I'll get excited with Daniel and we'll start to develop a strategy about what comes next.  If it doesn't happen, we have a lot going on anyway, and then we'll have a better idea of how to plan for the next several months.  But until we know either way, I just have to emotionally keep my distance this time.  I don't have enough emotional bandwidth available at this point to be pinning hopes on "maybe".   ADDENDUM:  Despite my perhaps poor attitude toward some people in the Army higher up than we are, I know that even they are directed by God Himself and that His Sovereignty is in control, and that He is trustworthy.  I also know that the "no"s we've already heard are by His design and should we hear "no" again, it will be from Him and not from a bunch of guys who don't know my husband well.

Okay, that was a little bit of a mish-mash post, but there it is.  That's what I've got today - as far as time and as far as coherent thought. 



No comments:

Post a Comment