Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome, Liam!

My newest nephew has arrived!  He arrived last week on Monday.  I got a call from my sister first thing Monday morning saying, "Today's the day!"  and in a half an hour, Lucas and I were showered, dressed, packed, and on our way to pick up my niece.  (We'd arranged beforehand that I'd be the one to stay with my niece while my sister was in the hospital.)  We actually didn't even get there before Liam was born!  Labor and delivery went very quickly.  The good side of that is that my sister got to spend the day in the hospital room recovering and snuggling her sweet babe instead of having contractions and wondering how long it would take.  The bad side is that it went so quickly and was very intense and she just kind of had to deal with it, because there really wasn't enough time to make an epidural worth it or anything.  Oh, and he was 9 pounds.  Yeah.

Anyway, he was born at 10:00 AM and after nap time for Lucas and Kiera, we headed over to the hospital to meet precious Liam.  It was such an honor to be the one to stay with Kiera and to bring her to see her new brother for the first time.  And, of course, I got time to snuggle that babe myself, which was delightful.

Lucas and I stayed until Tuesday afternoon, and then all three of us went back for the day on Saturday.  My parents were there for the weekend, too, so it was a good time to see them and I got to take care of my sister and make a meal for them while I was there. 

So far, Liam's been a very sweet and contented baby.  He's already done several 3 hour stretches in his crib, and I'm hoping for my sister's sake that he keeps it up!  Well, what's left, except to share a few photos of the precious bundle?  *grin*

He's here!
Joyful cousins.
Grandma loves snuggles!
Sweet boy.

And then there were three...




1 comment: