Thursday, August 4, 2011

Laughable

Last night, as I was lying in bed, thinking about things before I fell asleep, I started laughing.  Out loud.  Like, shaking-the-bed laughing. The reason?  After I brought in our new profiles, our social worker mailed me back our old ones.  They came today.  Laughable!  They just seem so flat, passion-less, and lifeless.  Now, to give the year-and-a-half ago me a little credit, I wanted, at that point, to just be factual and not to patronize anyone.  I didn't want to seem desperate.  But, looking at them again now, I'm SO thankful that I decided to do an update.  They don't really say at ALL who we are now.  This wait, this "journey," if you will, has given me the chance to crystallize in my mind just why we want to adopt (I've had plenty of chances to tell other people about it), and it has given me so much perspective on many more sides of the issue of adoption. Anyway, I know that we're waiting for just the right child, so changing it sooner wouldn't have made a difference, but the thought did cross my mind that just maybe God was using our old profile to prevent us from getting a match any earlier.  Maybe now that we've changed it, and it more clearly expresses who we are and how dearly we want to bring home our newest addition to the family, it will be just what is needed to draw just the right person to really give it some consideration.  God can use anything.  I'm hoping the new profile is the thing.  And I'm hoping it happens SOON.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa!

    It made me laugh out loud when I read how you found me :). It's been a rough few days as we thought we had a placement and then it all fell through. But we are trusting and hoping. Thank you so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete