Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8 years

It's our anniversary today!  We're celebrating 8 years of being married, and I can't believe I'm old enough to have been married for 8 years.  (Okay, so, really, according to some people, I'm not really old enough...we were married just after my 21st birthday.  Some folks thought we were crazy.  But, here we are, healthy and happy 8 years later!)

I'm so thankful for my husband and I love him so dearly.  God is continuing to teach us how to be better spouses to each other as the years go by.  I'm sure we have many more lessons to learn, but here's to learning them together.

On my anniversary, I always think of my dear Gram, too.  That's because we got married on her birthday!  She is the epitome of what I want to be when I grow up - so godly and gentle and humble and kind.  She's 84 today, still playing golf and volunteering with various things, and I know how blessed I am that she is still living, still living well, and still learning, trying new things, and caring for others.  (I'm going to call you later today, Gram!  I love you!!)

And just for fun, I'll give you the "treat" of sharing with you the wedding photo I scanned for our profile.  Here we are, just kids, 8 years ago!




3 comments: