Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I love....

I wanted to something fun today and not think about the fact that I'm aching to hold the baby we've been waiting for so long to hold.  Please forgive my not-so-veiled admission that, at 11 months this week, we've been waiting longer than I ever thought we'd have to and that I really, really, really want my turn. But it's the truth and it's hard to talk about, but not talking about it is harder.  Deciding who to "burden" with my feelings and frustrations is frustrating in itself.  Most others seem to be sick of waiting, too, and not too excited to talk about it any more.  Ooookay.  Well, that just came out...but it's true, so I guess I'll leave it there.

Back to the fun.  I thought I'd make a "Favorites" post today and share with you some things I'm loving these days.

1.      Sweet Tea Shoppe on etsy.  I'm loving her hand stamped silver jewelry, and the fact that her proceeds are going toward her adoption.  Love, love, love.  When we do bring home Baby 2, I'll be getting a necklace with both of my kids' initials.  (For some reason, I can't get one of her images to load here, so you'll have to click the link to check her out.  And you should.  Do it.)

2.  Half & Half.  I used to drink Fat Free Half & Half, and recently I switched to the real thing, because Fat Free, despite being Fat Free, has corn syrup in it.  I love how creamy the real thing makes my coffee.  Yum.


3.  Ugly Betty.  We've been watching this show on Netflix for the last few months, and are into the third season.  It's clever and funny and touching and silly and a bit unbelievable at times, but America Ferrera is so endearing and capable as Betty it's hard not to love her.  If you haven't, you should check it out.





4.  Trail running.   (No, that is not me in the picture.  Yet.)  On Saturday, I did my long training run.  I made it to 5.4 miles out on the trails.  At this point, I'm running about 0.75 mile before I have to take a walking break.  I'll get there.  And I've got three more weeks before my race to add in the last 0.6 mile.  Even so, when I'm out on the trails, I feel free and like a kid who is playing in the woods instead of an adult who "has to exercise."  I don't worry about how good I am compared to anyone else, and though I'm pushing myself to get ever better, it's because I want to be able to have more and more fun on the trails instead of feeling the need to impress someone else.  It is good for my soul.

Photo credit


5.  And lastly, for today, is water.  Simple, I know.  I'm drinking tons of it these days, which I should have been doing before, but now that I'm running as much as I am and exercising most days of the week, I need to hydrate as much as possible.  I didn't really drink much water unless it was ice cold before, but now that's not even a requirement.  Want to join me for a glass?



What are you loving these days?


4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, girl. I can't imagine how frustrating it is. I'm always praying for your family and little one... it will be your turn!

    And I've never seen Ugly Betty... just might have to check that out :)

    Sending a big hug your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day you are closer to the day when it's YOUR TURN!

    Also: NOTHING compares to REAL half and half. Fat free is a mockery. And: when you come visit, we can go for a trail run! They opened a new park here that's got trails on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I like everything you just said. :)

    Kayla Sue, you're so sweet and I'm thankful to have you as a blog-friend. And yes, check out Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the treadmill. :) Well, sort of. I'm loving the idea of the treadmill, and that's a start, right?

    ReplyDelete