Thursday, May 19, 2011

Classic Lucas

My weekly trip to the commissary with Lucas always takes us home over a bridge (as long as the King St. gate is open) and open water and we pass a big apartment/condo building that is waterfront.  One of the residents there has a bright yellow kayak that is stored on the rocks near the water.  Every single time we pass it, Lucas says, " Mama!  There's a giant banana! We can't eat that banana; it's too big."  I kid you not, every single week this happens.  I usually think he's going to miss it or not think it's novel enough to talk about, but it's been months now and I hear the same thing every week.  It makes me smile every time. 


7 comments:

  1. That's so adorable. Kids are so observant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! What a silly boy. PS love that Daniel is wearing the frisbee t-shirt in your pic. Ohh I miss those times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw :) That is sweet. You'll have to remind him of this when he's older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love It! PLEASE tell me you wrote it down somewhere - ok, well, other than your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I love about kids - their little minds are free of all of our adult worries and preoccupations and they can just observe and remember so much; the world is always fresh to them. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete