Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One and two

Questions one and two have come in, and I thought for those who take the time to ask a question, I'd give a little shout out to each of you. 

First is Heather.  She blogs at Joy in the Journey.  I've known her since before I married Daniel.  Her husband was the band director at our high school, and when we were getting more serious about our dating and then when we were engaged, they took us under their wings and gave us much wise counsel and many laughs as we prepared to be married.  Heather is a mom of five and a homeschooling mom.  But most of all, she is a sweet, encouraging, follower of Christ who constantly calls me to follow Him better, too, simply by the way she lives. 

So, Heather asks, "If you could visit one foreign country, which one would it be, and why?"

I actually didn't have to think about this one at all.  Assuming I'd be able to take Daniel with me, I'd go to Switzerland.  In June.  When I was at Gordon College, we went on a European College Choir tour ( I still have my t-shirt!), and Switzerland was one of the places we visited.  It was, by far, the most beautiful place I have ever been and I've wished and hoped to show it to Daniel since then. 

Second question came from Poekitten.  She blogs at Many Waters. I don't know her personally, but found her blog through other military spouse blogs (or maybe through a comment she left on my blog??).  Either way, I'm glad to have found her blog.  She's a Christian, Navy wife.  She's a very crafty lady.  She writes well and blogs about life in general.  You should check her out.

Poekitten asks, "What are you most nervous about adopting? What are you looking forward to most (other than having a sweet baby!)?"

Good questions!  The constant wondering what/when/how things will happen has proven to be the most difficult for me to gracefully manage.  So, in that sense, the unknown is what makes me the most nervous.  I do think that as far as anticipating bringing the baby home, I'm not really nervous about too much, although sometimes if I let my mind wander, there are certainly fears and worries and nerves about bonding and how long it will take.  But then I remind myself that the child that is coming to our family is designed specifically for our family, and whatever comes with that child is meant for our good and our growth.  That helps calm me down a little.

As far as what I am most looking forward to (other than having a sweet baby!!), I think I'm most looking forward to having a sibling for Lucas.  We were just talking at lunch today about how it will be so nice for him not to be the only child any more.  He's going through a phase right now that he's not content really to play by himself, and though an infant isn't much of a companion for a two and a half year old, knowing that a sibling is coming (and, technically, that he/she might be slightly older than an infant) makes me really excited.

Keep those questions coming!  I'm having fun with this, and I'll shower praise on you (and your blog if you have one) if you play along. If you do want to play, you can comment on this post, or go to my "While we're waiting" post and leave one there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment