Monday, March 28, 2011

Catch up

It's been over a week since my last posts and it feels like so much longer!  So much has happened, even just emotionally for me over the last 10 days.  No doubt the next 10 will bring many emotions, as well.  So, as quickly as I can I'll update on what's been going on around here.

The weekend after my last post, my dear friend Amy came to visit.  We actually only had about 24 hours together, but we made good use of it!  We ate, visited Fort Monroe, relaxed, went running, relaxed some more, made and ate dinner (YUMMY!  How can you go wrong with bacon, tomatoes, pasta, and Parmesan cheese!?), made a fire in the fireplace, had a few s'mores, watched Pride and Prejudice, made homemade popcorn, and went to church and out for lunch the following morning.  Whew.  It was packed, when I think about it, but really we did everything on a "what do we want to do right now" kind of mentality and it didn't feel rushed or regulated at all.  She is such an encouragement to me and I love her dearly.  We've known each other since high school, but going through some of the same things and some different things with similar emotional strain has brought us closer than ever. 

Anyway, it was right after my cookies post and right before Amy came that we got another email from our social worker about a potential baby situation.  Would we be interested in having our profile shown to a birthmom for this situation on Monday?  We talked about it and prayed about it and decided to say yes.  Well, that was one more reason it was a good thing Amy was with me over the weekend because she distracted me waiting for Monday.  Finally, Monday came.  And went with no word from our social worker.  So did Tuesday.  Wednesday after I got home from Bible Study I ended up emailing her and just asking what update, if any she could give me.  She let me know that the birthmom had not come to the meeting she was scheduled for and that profiles hadn't been shown yet.  ARG!  So, my two and a half days of essentially breathlessly waiting by my phone and pretty much freaking-the-slam-out were all for naught...or just needed to continue, because we're still waiting for information.  I don't know when they intend to show profiles to her, but our social worker told me it could be a week or two before we hear anything about that.  Which, actually gave me a lot of peace, considering that at this point I'd rather just know that there's a possibility that something's in the works, rather than knowing with certainty that our profile is being shown on any given day. 

But you know what two weeks from last Wednesday is?  If you follow my blog regularly, you probably do.  It's the day after Daniel's big officer audition.  (Now we're at a 9 day countdown, Praise the LORD!!!)  So, it's been a bit of a strain on my sanity (as you can probably imagine) to think that both of these big things are potentially coming to a head at pretty much the same time.  I don't know that the baby situation will happen, but if it does, placement could happen quickly since the child is already in Bethany's interim care.  And that could be before or right after THE AUDITION.  But, hey, we're good at insanity around here, right!?  *grin*

Even so, I have been feeling an extreme peace over this weekend and today.  I know that God is working in my heart.  I've been seeing more and more of what He's been up to these last three years in recent days and I'm excited to say that I am actually to a point where I am just resting and trusting.  I know without a doubt that God will provide what we need and open the doors that are meant to be opened.  I do pray for Daniel for his strength, encouragement, and endurance, for favor for him, and that he'll be proud of what he does next week (!!!!  YES!!!!).  Along with that, I'm still praying that he gets the job, because it's what he really wants.  But I truly feel good about praying for whatever God's will is.  And THAT is a significant change.  Who knows?  Maybe soon we'll have another change or two to report, as well!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot in just one week!!! You had me biting my nails as I was reading. We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arggg I hate when it posts as Patrick. That was really me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! The countdown continues. I am praying for you nonstop!! Just think - soon the audition will be over, and you guys can at least relax on that front. Hang in there and just take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, definitely praying for you, waiting is the worst! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott finds out some time this week according to some message that went out.

    Also, depending on how things go, Daniel will want to talk to Scott. Some things have changed for the regular OCS route.

    Hugs,

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete