Monday, February 28, 2011

It's that time again!

That's right.  We got our bi-monthly update email from our social worker today.  It is something I look forward to getting every other month, but something that I'm learning not to get too excited about, either.  See,  in my earlier days as a waiting adoptive parent, my naivete allowed me to think that the bimonthly emails our social worker sends would actually give me what I needed to know about what to expect as far as waiting times, etc.  Now that I'm a more seasoned waiter (how do you like that!?), I know that it will be calming for me to read what's been going on, but that I will truly still know as much today as I did yesterday about how long we specifically will have to wait.

Either way, we got the email, and I'm ready to report what we know.  We know, as I think I've mentioned before, that many of the expectant mothers that our agency has been working with recently have decided to parent their children.  Praise the Lord!  We found out today that the agency is currently working with 5 expectant mothers (3 African American and 2 Caucasian).  One is due within the next month.  The others are due sometime this summer.  None have yet seen profiles.  The pregnancy counselor from our office is also busy working with a few other avenues for networking.  There have been increased calls about pregnancy counseling in the last two months.

So now you know what we know.  It doesn't give us a timeline for our adoption, but it, again, allows us to hope for something soon, but not to really expect anything soon.  We hit 8 months waiting today.  I hope we have our placement before our year waiting mark (partly because, obviously, I'm ready for the baby to come home (!!!!) and partly because there's added expense to waiting more than a year because some of the paperwork needs to be revised once you've waited 12 months). 

Please, Lord, bring home our baby!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Any news is better than no news, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete