Thankfully, today I'm feeling much better. I think Daniel is, too, but since he's at work, he'll probably still be pretty wiped out when he gets home. This bug was a real energy sapper...particularly because even once we weren't nauseated, we couldn't think of anything that really sounded appetizing to eat. And let me tell you, saltine crackers, pretzels, and toast don't provide too much energy...especially when they're plain.
I do, however, feel up to getting out of the house today and got to the post office finally (Birthday presents for both of our moms are in the mail at last!) and to the commissary. I'm planning on making homemade chicken soup for dinner and that sounding really good to me. I also got some nice fresh Italian bread to go with it. I'm actually excited for this meal! What a breakthrough! *grin* Oh! And it's actually almost 70 degrees here today, sunny, and quite windy, so I've got ALL of the windows WIDE open to make sure all of the air in our house is completely refreshed. (And I'm still praying that Lucas stays healthy.)
The illness has knocked my gym training for a loop, but I'm not giving up. I'm still not quite up to going for a run, but I think after today - and tonight's soup - I'll be good for a walk tomorrow morning. Even if I don't go fast, if I get a good distance in, I think that'll be good enough. (I did lose 5 pounds this weekend, after all.)
The only other major news to report is that we had a meeting last week at Bethany. While we were there our social worker told us that many of the expectant mothers due soon that they have been working with recently have decided to parent their children. So, that means no real chance of anything happening soon. They are working with other expectant mothers due later in the spring and the summer, but they are too early in their pregnancies or in their counseling to look at profiles. So, we anticipate at least another few months of waiting. It is possible that something could still happen soon, but knowing that it most likely won't is helpful for us. My sister in law is due with her baby girl in two weeks and I promised to go hold her hand during the delivery, since we lost her mother last April. (It was very cute, actually. When I offered at Thanksgiving to come be with her for the delivery she jumped at the chance, saying she was quite sure her husband, whom she loves dearly, would probably be driving her crazy and she'd need someone to help calm him down. Ha! Love you, Paul!) And then the audition for Daniel is at the beginning of April. So, if we don't hear anything for the next eight weeks...er, seven now, I guess...we'll keep quite busy with the rest of these things.
I was actually thinking in bed this morning that maybe God knew that we would adopt our baby from Virginia, so Daniel didn't get the officer job before we got here. And then if that were true that God knew our wait would be as long as it has, so Daniel didn't get the officer job last year. Because we still need to be right here, waiting for our precious child. And, maybe, this year, we'll hear that YES...to both baby and job things. God is good and He will provide for us no matter what, but I haven't given up hope yet that both of those dreams will come true...and that it will be soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment