If you're a friend of mine, or if you've been following my blog for any amount of time, you know that we're approved adoptive parents just waiting for The Call that we've been matched with a baby. Well. Today we got a phone call from our social worker that may just bring us one step closer to getting that call. I've blogged before about various scenarios that we've been approached with (a baby boy in Missouri with Down Syndrome several months ago and more recently a pair of sisters, 9 months and 8 years) that we just didn't have peace about. I blogged about them anyway, because I wanted to have the whole journey to Baby 2 documented. Well, today, we got another such call with a scenario that we matched on every point, except one. (If we matched on everything the birth mother were looking for, they would just show our profile without calling us, to help minimize the roller coaster effect of wondering and waiting to hear about things.) Rebekah called today and said that there's an out of state situation she wanted to see if we'd be open to. Originally, we said we wanted to stay in state, because there are extra fees, as well as travel costs that we weren't sure we could handle. The situation we heard about today, however, is in Maryland, which is only one state over, so Rebekah thought we might be interested in having our profile submitted. I talked to Sweets when he came home for lunch and we/he (I'm known in our relationship to be much more emotionally driven and he is blessed with a much more rational mind than I) couldn't come up with a reason to say no...so...we said YES to having our profile submitted! I'm (trying not to be?)so excited!!
There are still
several steps to go before we would get The Call. Our profile was overnighted today and will be shown on Wednesday. Then the birth mom will decide if she is interested in meeting us. If so, we'll have to travel to meet her (and possibly the birth father). If we like her and she likes us after that, we'd be matched with her.
So...you wanna hear about it? *
grin* The baby is a girl (ah!!) due on December 9. Yes.
That's next Thursday. So, clearly, this will be a very quick turnaround situation. Which means, if this is the baby that God has planned for our family, even if she comes after her due date, she will be home with us before Christmas. That thought is exciting and overwhelming to me (and totally nerve wracking to Sweets).
I've been praying and praying and praying to bring our baby home. Last night, in fact, I was sad and crying a little bit and when Sweets asked me what was wrong I told him that I missed the baby. I do. It's not like when I was waiting to become a mother and I just ached for that role and for a child. But now, I've been praying for our baby, for this baby, and it's like we're connected already (answered prayer right there!) and I just can't wait to be connected physically, too. I hope this is it!!!!
:) Hugs and prayers to you Melissa!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh boy!!!!! Can't wait for more news! Praying for you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I hope this is the baby for you :)
ReplyDeleteOoh, praying for your my dear friend!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!!!!! Praying for you and I can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeletePrayers for all of you!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news!!! Praying...
ReplyDeleteI will keep you guys in my prayers. God is always in control; He knows the desires of your heart so keep on trusting in this. You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteOk now I'm crying! Prayers are with you.
ReplyDeletePraying for you, if this is the baby for you then it will all work out in the end : )
ReplyDelete