Friday, November 19, 2010

Jumping on the band wagon

Does anybody actually know the etymology of that phrase?  Well, regardless of the fact that I don't, I'm still jumping on the band wagon, as it were, with Shutterfly's offer of 50 free photo holiday cards for bloggers!  Are you kidding?  I mean, I'm normally not the type of girl to sign up for free stuff because I don't like the spam mail that usually comes with it, but this was just too good to pass up.  I was actually looking at their Christmas cards before I was aware of this offer, but on our budget right now, we just truly can't afford what adds up to be a luxury item like this.  But if I can do it for free?  Oh, yeah, I'll jump through a few hoops for that!! 

So, full disclosure, this post is one of those hoops, but really - it's a great deal, and I'd probably blog about that part of it anyway.  So, there are several cards that I like, but here are a few of my favorites right now:








There are so many to choose from!!  It's going to be hard to decide.  Hopefully, Sweets will be up to helping me choose, because I like so many of them that I'm going to need a little guidance.  Sometimes he's great about these kinds of things and sometimes he's...less helpful.  *grin*

While I was checking out the Shutterfly website, I was amazed at all of the different things they can do with your photos.  There are a few really good ideas, if you ask me, like wall calendars using your photos (hello, photo every month for baby's first year?).  They also can turn a photo into canvas wall art!  And the prices are comparable to what you'd pay for any other large wall hanging (in my opinion), and the option of having it be a precious baby photo or an actual landscape you've taken instead of the stock pictures that everyone seems to be hanging up these days is a pretty cool thing!

Anyway, I'm excited about this offer and just trying to decide whether we want to have a friend take a few pictures when we get back from Thanksgiving at the farm and get them printed up and ready to go, or if I want to wait a little tiny bit longer to see if Baby 2 might possibly be in our family photo this year.  Ack.  How can you plan for that!?



2 comments:

  1. I just did this post too! I picked two of the ones you did...2 & 4. I think I'm going to go with 4. I just have to decide what pictures to use now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you KNOW what link I'm clicking on!

    Miss you, girl -

    ReplyDelete