I started this post on your birthday, but didn't get to finish it right away. Forgive me for the delay. You keep me busy!
I love you,
Mama
Dearest Levi,
Today you are two! I am so amazed that we made it to your second birthday. Not because you are a difficult child, but because we waited almost two years for you to come to our family and now you have been part of our family for longer than we waited for you. God is so good!
Levi, I just simply cannot imagine our family without you. You bring us all so much joy and laughter. When you laugh, the energy from it explodes in the room around you and everyone else is touched with laughter, too. Your snuggles and hugs are so sweet that I am left speechless sometimes that someone as precious as you would hug and hold on to me so tightly. I love the compassion I see already growing in you. When Caroline is crying, you often go to give her a snuggle or rub her head to tell her it'll be okay.
You are learning new words every day and I love to see that your surgery has already made such a difference. I know you are a smart kid and I can't wait until you can tell me all the things that are going on in your head.
Your favorite toys right now are definitely balls and trains. Cars and books are in second place. Of the trains, obviously your favorite is Thomas, but you do love your Henry train almost as much. "Hee-hee!" you call when you see him from across the room. "Mmmmmah!" Everything you love - your mama, your Pooh, a train, a book, a block - gets kisses from you. I. love. that.
One of the things I love watching most is how much of a second child you are. You are a peace maker and I simultaneously love and dislike the fact that you often get sick of fighting Caroline for a toy and let her have it. (Her screams are good incentive, too, though, aren't they!?) You also are not afraid of things that Lucas was afraid of, like climbing on the playground equipment. You have a great big brother who gives you confidence and a great example to try all these "big kid" things and you are fearless in following him. You don't need anyone to hold your hand up the steps or to catch you at the bottom of the slide. You are such a big boy!
Oh, Levi, I just plain love you like crazy. I know it's your birthday, but, today and every day, I feel like Papa and I are the ones who get the best gift ever. Every day with you is a gift I could never deserve. You have sunshine and laughter and silliness and sweetness and energy and personality in spades. I am so, so thankful that you are my son, Levi Emry. You are so precious to me and I will be forever grateful that God decided to entrust you to us.
Love,
Mama
So, so precious. I love getting a glimpse into this little person through your words. Happy Birthday Big Boy! We're so proud of you. :)
ReplyDeleteAww, Happy Birthday, Levi!!
ReplyDelete