It's been a very full week since my last post.
We visited yet another church, which helped us confirm that we'll be regularly attending the one we visited two (and three) weeks ago. We're looking forward to getting to know people there and getting involved. Interestingly, we had questioned whether we should invite the pastor and his wife to lunch on Sunday and decided we'd just talk to them at church and make a plan for some other time. But I ended up getting a phone call from the pastor's wife on Wednesday evening inviting us to lunch with them! So, we agreed to have lunch, but to do it at our house, since we have the booster seats/sippy cups/toys/kid-proofed space. It made me so happy to see that God worked out what I was nervous to.
We had my dad visiting with us this week, and that, as always, was lovely. Our kids just LOVE Grandpa. And I LOVE seeing those relationships building. After we'd had him with us for October and November, the really know him and love him and seeing their reactions when he walked in the door on Monday afternoon was priceless.
We went to PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel - a ladies' Bible study and fellowship time) on post for the second week, and I'm really excited to have that opportunity. The child care has been great, none of the kids are freaked out to go, and it's a really nice time for me to get a bit of a break and have some encouragement, too.
I've been busy with house things and kid things and school things, as well as meeting new friends. Yesterday, Daniel was home for the day because we had a SNOW DAY. Yes. Here in Texas it snowed. It was very little, but without any way to deal with the snow, it was pretty dangerous for driving, so the post was closed. I was able to get a bunch done with the extra help at home and crossed several things off my list, which felt so good. One of those things was to set up a new training plan, as I have decided to run another 10K. That will be in 8 weeks. I can't wait to get back to running and build up my endurance and reduce my speed. Caroline is sleeping so much better here than she did in Colorado, and I continue to feel more and more like ME and less and less like the "thing" that keeps her alive. *
grin* (I'm chuckling as I write that. Don't think I'm feeling sorry for myself.)
Enough rambling. I discovered a few pictures yesterday from the fall that never got posted here or on facebook. I'll share them with you and keep facebook in the dark. *
grin*
 |
| Caroline helped my dad take photos of all our things before we moved in case something was broken or lost. |
 |
| The dining table is cuter with this face in the shot. |
 |
| This chair is, too. |
 |
| Christmas morning. |
 |
| Excited about his remote control car from Grandpa, "just like Jackson's!" |
 |
| Okay, so this one did make facebook, but I just love it. Levi at Fort Monroe. I ran that seawall and cried over him more times than I can count. Seeing him there was a "full circle" moment. |
Sounds like you're settling in! Finding a home church makes such a difference!
ReplyDelete