As I was catching up on some blogs I love, I noticed the little birthday tickers I have in the margin for my kids. In these months that the babies are in the same year age (i.e. not counting the months added, they are both one year old right now), I'm finding myself marveling that we've made it successfully through the first year, back-to-back, for both of them. It seemed like we had an infant in our house for a LONG time. And then I realized that is because we did. From March of 2012, straight through November of 2013, we had a child younger than one in our house. That's just shy of two years. Of "the first year." WOW. I love each of our babies dearly and I would not have had our story go any other way, now that I have seen what God did and what He continues to do. I was so afraid when I knew we'd have two babies and a move in 2012. I cried for a month (or more) with how overwhelmed I was at the thought of it. But God was faithful. He provided everything we needed for strength and endurance and patience.
I'm rambling here a little bit. But I felt like it needed to be said, because sometimes I get the "you've got your hands full" comments, or the "I don't know how you do it!" comments. I wanted to just say that when I really stop and think about it, I don't know how we did it, either. But for the grace of God. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Oh, and I'm very thankful to be on the other side of that time. *
grin*
Well put, my friend. I know exactly how you feel. :) I worried a lot anticipating our 3rd... but life is good and I'm so thankful. Wish I hadn't worried!
ReplyDeleteP.S. *Beautiful* pictures :)
ReplyDeleteAmen :)
ReplyDelete