Dearest Levi,
Oh, my precious boy, my heart could not love you any more than it does. I love every single thing about you. You are, in every sense, a joy to our family. You are the answer to so many prayers that we prayed, and when I think about the tears I cried while we waited for you to come home, knowing how worth the wait you are makes it that much sweeter.
I love to tell people that you are our "Curious George." Your personality is SO like the George you love to watch with your big brother. You are happy and smiley and oh-so-curious. At this point, I can't imagine you ever doing anything mean or out of malice or defiance, but I just know (a deep-in-the-bones kind of mama-know) that you, my dear, are going to bring many messes into our house. You will be experimenting or exploring or figuring or measuring or something and it will cause me to throw up my hands over you, but your smile and laugh and enthusiasm for life will win me over every single time and I won't be able to stay frustrated or angry about whatever you spilled or ruined or broke. I half expect you to learn how to climb and decide to climb up the refrigerator or the hutch in the dining room.
You are learning so many new things these days. You've known how to do "so big" since Caroline was born, but just since then you've also learned how to pull up on furniture and cruise around, you have learned to clap and wave and you've just started blowing kisses. You also know how to give kisses, but you don't agree to do it very often and I have to steal my kisses. Right now, though, your kisses are more of an open-mouthed leaning in and with all your drool, it's quite a messy process, but I take them happily (although, I'll be even happier when you learn to keep your mouth closed for kisses). You are very fast at crawling and haven't decided to take the time to learn to walk yet. You just can't be bothered to slow down that much. You also haven't decided to say any specific words yet, but you "talk" all the time. Your favorite syllables are "da," "duh," "buh," and "na."
You think Lucas is about the coolest kid around. You have started playing games with him and rolling around on the floor with each other, playing hide-and-seek, and laughing all the time. Caroline is someone you're still not sure about. You know she's loud, that's for sure, but you'd really love it if I'd let you climb on top of her in the bouncy seat and explore her face to see just what is making all that noise. (I won't let you, of course.) You love Papa and get so excited when he comes home. You love the games he plays with you and especially love it when he throws you into the air. And your Mama? You and I have something special. Just recently, you've discovered what it's like to put your head on my shoulder and snuggle (up until now you've simply been too busy to bother) with your blanket and now you come to me a lot for just that. Oh, it makes my heart so happy. I'm glad you love everyone in our family, but I secretly love that you'd pick me over anybody else.
Levi Emry, you are so dearly loved. I can't wait to see what your next year brings.
Love always and forever,
Mama
Ohh Levi! Happy Birthday Little Man!! You are a blessing to your family and so many others who know the joy you have brought to them. May this year bring you all many, many wonderful adventures.
ReplyDelete