Monday, February 25, 2013

More tidbits

A post or two ago, I put a few quick updates into a blog post.  I think I'll do the same right now.  It's not quite the posting that I'm used to doing, but if I'm going to get anything up, it's got to be less involved right now.  So.

Caroline is three months old!


 She is a precious girl and is proving to be quite like her mama.  Talkative, extroverted, easy to smile - and easy to cry, very attached to her mama, and a little bit of a drama queen.  But I "get" her and I feel so connected to her it's not as frustrating to be so needed by her as one might imagine.  I love watching her take in the world.  She's captivated by her busy brothers and loves to watch Levi eat his baby food - or any food, really.  I imagine she'll be more than ready for her turn in a matter of a few short months.  She's sitting up in the high chair now, too, which she seems to love (for short periods of time).

Levi is three days shy of ONE YEAR OLD.



He's his happy self these days, and I can't get enough of him.  We did have an appointment at the WIC office on Friday and they told me he's dropped drastically in his weight percentage, so we're going to the doctor today to get a weight check that's a bit more reliable. He's been refusing his bottles lately, which I think has something to do with it.  I guess he thinks he's too big for bottles now, which is fine, because he's supposed to be done with them soon.  But he needs those calories from the formula, so we'll see what they suggest.  We've been mixing his formula with a bit of milk and putting it in a sippy cup or giving it to him mixed with a little bit of oatmeal and feeding it with a spoon.  I'm just hoping there's nothing more major going on.  I really don't think it's too big of a deal, because he's happy and has tons of energy, but not knowing much about his biological family's medical history, we just want to be extra proactive in his case.

Lucas is doing very well.


We've had some snow and he's been happy to practice sledding in the back yard.  He's also loving school and talks non-stop about things he's learning and what his friends are doing.  He loves his siblings and is getting to the point that he can play games with Levi, even if they're simple rolling around on the floor or peek-a-boo games, they both get a good laugh and that's a happy thing for me.

Lastly, we've learned that our first assignment once Daniel's done at his WO training will be at Ft. Sam Houston, in San Antonio, Texas.  We're looking forward to this assignment - Daniel will be the XO for the band there.  We've heard great things about the band, Ft. Sam, and San Antonio itself. 



4 comments:

  1. Little Miss looks so much like Big Brother. Too cute. It's funny because I had a much greater attachment to Paige than I did Anna and had that same feeling of "getting her." Maybe it's a dose of confidence or just a different relationship but it does make having more than one much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous little girl (and boys, too)! Such kissable cheeks :) And on your last post... if I had a nickel for every time I heard "Boy, you've got your hands full!" I would be a very, very rich woman. I'm totally feelin' you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so cute! And if it makes you feel any better, William took a huge dip in the weight percentiles around a year, too - just a combo of eating less, being really active, and correcting toward genetic body type, I think... no worries! :)

    ReplyDelete