Saturday, November 12, 2011

Deep breath

*Inhales, exhales*

*Inhales, exhales*

Whew. What a week this has been!  I don't think I've blogged very much about my work (referring to what I actually get paid to do), but I am a work-from-home mama.  I type medical transcription a couple hours every day, usually during nap time, though that has started to become more fluid as nap time is becoming more fluid.  (Yes, I am the mom who is  guilty of saving my son's TV time for the late afternoon, so I can get my work done on days that he doesn't nap/takes very short naps.  The TV - or laptop on my bed - and Sesame Street/Cars/Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs/Despicable Me are often my babysitters.  So there.  It's true.)  Anyway, the company I work for is located in Connecticut, where I went to high school/met Daniel/got married, etc.  I worked for my boss in college, and when Lucas was born and I couldn't handle bringing a six week old baby to day care (another topic for another post - and in no way a judgement on those who use daycare), she took me back and I've been with her since then.

Anyway, as I stated, the company is based in Connecticut.  You know, the state that just had a devastating storm of early snow and insane power outages? The one in which only three of my co-workers had power/internet to work?  As you can imagine,  I was working last week and the beginning of this week a touch more than usual.  (Ha!)  That's been adding a level of stress to my life, which I don't normally have.  Let me just say that I'm SO glad the majority of Connecticut (and all of my co-workers) and New York have had power restored.  And, selfishly, I never want to have to have them go through anything like that again!


What else?  Tomorrow's my race!  I did my final training run on Thursday - a two mile run in 18:35.  My best time ever!  The first mile I ran in 9:37 and the second in 8:58.  I won't be able to keep that pace for the 5.5 tomorrow, but I'm hoping to keep about a 10:30/11:00 pace and finish in under an hour.  We'll see.  I'll be sure to report back on that.


Mmm...nothing adoption related to report.  Actually, I've been thinking about a few things that I want to blog about in relation to that, but they're more issues/ideas I've been having, and I don't have time to get into all of it right now. 


Two weeks from today my brother is getting married!!  I can't wait for being with family and enjoying that time of celebration!  Yippee!


Okay, I've got to get my boy dressed, get us packed, and get ready to head to my sister's house for the night before my race in the morning.  Here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment