Despite the rain, we're looking forward to this weekend. We're taking our first family overnight trip! We're going to Golden, Colorado, west of Denver, to the Colorado Railroad Museum as part of Lucas' birthday celebration. The museum would be great as is, but they are hosting a Day Out with Thomas that I think both our boys are going to go crazy over. We actually get to ride Thomas. Those who don't have kids, or don't have kids who are Thomas-obsessed may not get how exciting this really is, but, for our family, it's a big deal. It's one of those things that I would never be excited about for myself, but as a mom of two boys who love to watch Thomas and play trains and love anything big that moves, I'm definitely looking forward to the joy it will bring them.
After the museum, we're planning to stay overnight a little bit further north and take Sunday to explore Rocky Mountain National Park before heading home. It's going to be a little bit hairy at times, I'm sure, but we want to take advantage of seeing something of Colorado before we move, and with Daniel about to head out again, we figured it was now or never. (Unless, of course, we can manage to get stationed here again someday, which we'd enjoy.) Hopefully, I'll be able to grab at least a few photos from our trip and post them when we get back.
Happy Friday!
I didn't know you were in Colorado also! I love living in Colorado Springs! Golden is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, so have so much fun!
ReplyDeleteJanelle at janelle-and-dan.blogspot.com