Friday, July 19, 2013

A little update

Hello, my friends!  I am still here, trucking along with my kiddos.  We said goodbye to Daniel earlier this week and are still missing him very much, but taking it one day at a time. 

I will most likely not have much time to blog in the coming weeks, but I wanted to take this quick moment to say that we're doing okay, despite missing Daniel and his strong, calm presence in our home. 

The kids are all hitting milestones and doing well, though!  Lucas has recently started reading and recognizes exponentially more words every day.  Last night he pulled out his library books and successfully read most of each of them.  Amazing.  Levi is walking more and more proficiently and has started trying to run, which is a funny thing to watch.  He is also starting to climb up things - his favorite right now is the ottoman for the couch and he laughs with glee upon his success.  He knows how to get himself safely down, though, so I can laugh with him.  *grin*  And sweet Caroline, well, she is getting herself to a sitting position and up crawling on all fours now, which is a modification from her previous army crawl.  My sweet little ones are all getting bigger!

And now I must move on with my day.  If you happen to think of us, say a prayer that we're having a good day, but know that, for now, we are doing reasonably well.  I'll be back when I can!


1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of you so much knowing that Daniel is off for a bit. Never easy, but I know you'll manage expertly. And congrats to Lucas on the reading thing. Amy figured it out just before turning 5, too, and I was just amazed - might be one of the coolest milestones, I think. Good work to all your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete