It seems like things are rushing faster and faster these days. Daniel has just over two weeks left at home. I am quickly becoming more and more freaked out and less and less calm about him leaving us for a time. I know in my head that we will be fine and it will all work out. But my heart is feeling a little more frantic at the thought that every single thing my three children will need (forget myself!) will be my responsibility to get/take care of/physically provide.
It may be that the last week has exhausted me more than normal, which is causing my increased stress level. Levi (now 16 months old!) is getting FOUR molars at once. He's starting to even out, but he was seriously miserable earlier this week. Caroline has also been extremely fussy, battling the worst diaper rash we've had in our house to date. Throw in a few nights of extra hot weather or bad dreams for Lucas and we've had precious little sleep in our house.
Last night, despite the fact that it took until 10:30 before Caroline was asleep and I could put her in her bed, we finally got a decent night's sleep and once we finally got to bed around 11:00 we all slept until about 7:00 this morning. It was lovely! (Though I could use about 12 more, probably, before I'd feel caught up.)
Another way we're rushing is that it feels like we're always rushing to get somewhere. Even if it's just a trip to the commissary, there is still a relatively small window of time during which both babies and the big boy are all content to be out of the house and getting things done. And it takes FOREVER to get everyone situated/fed/hydrated/changed, etc. sufficiently enough for me to feel it's worth it to leave them in child care at the YMCA or Bible study, so I'm constantly a few minutes late to whatever class I'm hoping to take.
Even still, we have happy, silly, and funny moments. We have sweet snuggles and goofy games. Even though each baby had a visit to the doctor this week, those visits were for very normal babyhood issues, and I am thankful for mostly good health for my kids.
As you can see, the header for my blog has bee
n updated with recent pics of my kiddos. I think it's only fair to put a few more here. *
grin*
 |
| Morning juice. |
 |
| This one wakes up happy. |
 |
| Exploring Helen Hunt Falls as a family. |
 |
| We loved the creek, which is spring water and actually part of the Colorado Springs water supply. |
 |
| After church, 7.5 months old now! |
 |
| 16 months old! |
 |
| They really love each other. |
 |
| Two silly brothers. |
Your hair looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteOh I'm feeling you Mama! It is tough, isn't it? I will say prayers for your strength while hubby is gone. And don't beat yourself up about being a few minutes late; I think you have a right to be :)
ReplyDeleteThey are all so beautiful and looking so grown up! Little girl is starting to look like Daddy! So sweet :)
Ahh! I can't believe how big they're getting! Such dolls!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures! I'm going to add Daniel to the prayer list at church for those in the military and their families while they are deployed.
ReplyDelete