But, yesterday morning, I sang a solo at Calvary for the last time (I think, but only the Lord knows if He'll bring is back here someday), and last night, after the evening service, we had a time of farewell fellowship. I had to give hugs to so many people that I really will miss dearly. Before the fellowship time, our pastor asked Daniel if he'd come up and say a few words about where we're heading and what awaits us there. Daniel did a very nice job, but at the end, he started talking about how blessed we feel by our congregation here and it got me all teary-eyed. As Daniel was coming back to sit down, our pastor asked if I wanted to add anything to that. I sort of half-laughed, half-cried, and said, "I can't right now!"
If I could have, though, this is what I would have said:
Calvary Family,
I will never be able to express well enough my gratitude to God for all of you. It was our desire when we moved here to find a church and to jump right in. We didn't want to be lonely. We wanted to feel at home, despite the fact that we're a transient military family. We prayed specifically for a warm and welcoming church that would bring us into their hearts. God answered that prayer with a resounding "YES!" when He brought us to you. You have loved us and cared for us through one of the most difficult waiting periods we have gone through thus far in our family - our wait for Levi. So many continued to pray every day for our precious son to come home right along with us, and we received so much encouragement from you along the way. We are so thankful to God that He answered another prayer when He brought Levi home HERE. After you all had waited so long and so faithfully with us, it was such a joy to be able to present him to you here, to have him baptized here, and for you all to see God's goodness, provision, and faithfulness right along with us. We serve a powerful God who does answer prayer, despite the fact that sometimes we have to wait two years (or, perhaps, longer) to see it!
To the CRPC Youth Group: We. love. you. It has been such a joy to see God answer our prayers for you and about you! We've seen you grow as individuals, but the real joy for us has been seeing God bonding you to each other. We love to see that you care about each other and each other's lives more and more and we pray that it will continue in that direction. We know you'll be in good hands with the Burdetts and the Wolfs and we hope you'll all keep in touch. You know how to find us on facebook and if you ever find yourselves in Colorado Springs, you have a place to stay with us. Again, we love you!
Our family has been loved and blessed by so many. I myself have been particularly blessed by the ladies in the Wednesday morning Bible Study group. You all are dear to my heart, and some of the first people in the church to truly welcome me as one of you. I've also been so thankful to have been able to serve with the emerging music team. I pray God continues to grow this ministry and uses it to bless the congregation.
We have so many dear, dear friends at Calvary and have walked through some difficult roads with others, as we walked our own difficult wait for Levi. God has used the hard things, as well as the joyful things, and the just plain simple fun times to knit us together, and despite the miles that will separate us soon, we will always be connected in the Lord. Thank you for letting Him use you as His hands and feet in our lives. We love you.
I was not prepared for these tears this morning!!! Why can't I just stay in denial? : ( we love you all so much and I'm so happy that last night wasn't goodbye. Have a blast at the beach and we'll see you when we get back. Thanks for not writing me off for good the day you met me : ) love you.
ReplyDeleteI'm on Katherine's driveway reading this and not prepared for my tears! You have been such a faithful friend and so glad you opened your lives to us even though you knew goodbye would come sooner than we like. Thanks for being beside me these last three years and loving my girls! See ya for a couple more hang out!
ReplyDelete